Tottenham midfielder Yves Bissouma is enjoying playing for Antonio Conte, describing the Italian as crazy, like me .
The Mali international made his first start for Spurs in their final pre-season friendly against Roma in Haifa, Israel on Saturday, which the Serie A side won 1-0 through a Roger Ibanez header.
Bissouma joined Tottenham from Brighton and Hove Albion for a reported fee of £25million in June, and he told the club s website he believes Conte will push the north London side onto the next level.
I m very happy to be with [Conte] and this club, he said after the Roma game. He s living football and I like that. I like a coach like him, and I know he can push the team higher and the players as well.
We are trying to do what he wants, and …
Former United States national team boss Bruce Arena has returned to MLS as the new head coach and sporting director of the New England Revolution.
The struggling Eastern Conference side announced the move on Tuesday, less than a week after removing Brad Friedel from the head coaching position and hours after dismissing general manager Michael Burns.
The Revolution said Arena, 67, will take on the sporting director role immediately but an exact start date for his return to the sidelines as coach is to be determined.
New England are preparing to host Premier League side Chelsea in a friendly at Gillette Stadium this week.
Bruce is one of the most successful coaches in American soccer history, and we feel his commitment to excellence, track record of winnin…
It is now confirmed. Antoine Griezmann will not be Atletico Madrid s player next season. The player himself confirmed that on social media on Tuesday night.
After talking with Cholo [Diego Simeone], Miguel Angel and the people from the offices, I wanted to talk to the fans who have given me a lot of love, Griezmann said. I have decided to leave, see other things, have other challenges and with great difficulty, this is what I feel and I need.
It s been five great years where I ve won my first important trophies with a club. It s been a very important stage. I have enjoyed a lot, I have left everything in the field, I have tried to behave well, I have tried to give joy to the people who have come to the Metropolitano and also away from home, and I only have g…
Romelu Lukaku will hit 30 goals in all competitions for Manchester United this season and justify his large price tag, according to Dwight Yorke.
United paid a reported £75million to sign the Belgium international from Everton last July and he has so far struck 17 times in his first campaign for the club.
Lukaku has hit the net in successive appearances to start 2018 in fine form and Yorke who won three Premier League titles and the Champions League at Old Trafford believes criticism of the 24-year-old s performances has been unfair.
I think he has done really well, Yorke told Omnisport. Sometimes people can be unfair in terms of the numbers and the consistency but that is often enough when you go for a huge price tag and play for the likes of Manchester United…
Sampdoria have added fuel to speculations linking hotshot Mauro Icardi with a summer exit from Marassi by admitting the player could be sold next summer.
Icardi, 19, has exploded onto the biggest stage this season after replacing injured Maxi Lopez in the starting line-up at Marassi.
As a result, the talented forward has been linked with a number of top Italian clubs, with Napoli even making a transfer deadline day bid for his services.
Sampdoria sporting director has now moved to confirm that Napoli, Juventus and Inter are all keen on the Argentine footballer.
“Putting the transfer fee to one side, Napoli would have had to have reached an agreement with his agent,” Sampdoria sporting director Carlo Osti told Radio Kiss Kiss.
“Icardi is a S…
Marek Hamsik has offered assurances he will remain with Napoli as he eyes the Serie A title with Maurizio Sarri s men.
Slovakia midfielder Hamsik became Napoli s all-time leading scorer earlier this season, usurping Diego Maradona s long-standing record, and he has skippered the club to the summit of Italy s top flight – a point ahead of Juventus ahead of this weekend s resumption from the mid-season break.
Since joining Napoli in 2007, the 30-year-old has seen star names such as Ezequiel Lavezzi, Edinson Cavani and Gonzalo Higuain leave Stadio San Paolo amid an era of dominance for Juve.
Nevertheless, Hamsik told Slovakian newspaper Pravda he will be going nowhere as he aims to bring the Bianconeri s run of six consecutive Scudetti to an end.
I ve …
Predrag Mijatovic sees no reason why Neymar and Cristiano Ronaldo cannot play together at the Santiago Bernabeu as the former Real Madrid forward heaped praise on the Paris Saint-Germain star.
Neymar completed a world-record move to PSG from Barcelona in August last year but the Brazil international has already been linked with Spanish and European champions Madrid.
There have been reports that five-time Ballon d Or winner Ronaldo could move in the opposite direction but Mijatovic – who won the Champions League and LaLiga with Madrid – believes Neymar can flourish alongside the Portuguese superstar, just like he did with Lionel Messi at Camp Nou.
Personally, I love Neymar as a player, Mijatovic told Marca. He has magic and would win over a lot of Real Madrid…
Javier Hernandez may be heading for the exit at London Stadium but he proved his worth to West Ham by salvaging a 1-1 draw against Bournemouth on Saturday.
Things have not gone to plan for Hernandez since a £16million move from Bayer Leverkusen in the off-season, but he scored just 64 seconds after Ryan Fraser put Bournemouth ahead in the 71st minute to earn the Hammers a point.
The Mexican international replaced the injured Manuel Lanzini seven minutes prior to scoring and his first strike since October suggested he still has something to offer David Moyes with Andy Carroll and Andre Ayew still sidelined.
Hernandez s strike meant the roles were reversed from when Callum Wilson s stoppage-time equaliser earned Bournemouth a 3-3 draw against the Hammers when the…
Sky Sports understands Premier League leaders Manchester City are preparing a bid for Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumare.
The talented Frenchman is considered one of the brightest prospects in Ligue 1 and Manchester City are believed to be only one of the clubs interested in this Lille gem.
Dubbed the new Yaya Toure, the 18-year-old midfielder came through Paris Saint-Germain’s academy and moved to Lille in 2017 looking to kick-start his career following lack of first-team opportunities in the capital.
Soumare has turned plenty of heads during the ongoing campaign and Manchester City were in the stands watching him in action against Rennes last week.
Sky Sports reports that Lille are bracing themselves for Soumare bids but will not settle for anything …
Stuttgart have completed the signing of 23-year-old striker Daniel Ginczek from Nuremberg on a four-year deal.
Following their relegation from the Bundesliga, Nuremberg have lost a host of players including Makoto Hasebe and Markus Feulner.
Former Borussia Dortmund frontman Ginczek is the latest to join the exodus, and he will link up with former Nuremberg team-mate Adam Hlousek snapped up by Stuttgart earlier this week again.
In a season where he struggled with injuries, Ginczek made just 18 appearances in all competitions last term and found the net four times.
Ginczek is confident he can prove a hit at the Mercedes-Benz Arena, telling the club s official website: I was having a good time in Nuremberg up until my injury but I wanted to continue playing in the …